Top 10 Best Free Video Editing Software for Windows
Video editing in itself has become an art to be mastered because of its ability to captivate and attract a good amount of audience for your brand. And if you’re one of those people that go to market and get confused as to what video editing software is the best for your windows, well, you have come to the right place. The following article unfurls the best video editing software for windows and explains why each of the best would be the best for you by describing their features, pros, and cons. And if you’re thinking about how expensive this software will be, well save your thought because the article also contains the best free video editing software for Windows 10.
From a large number of options available as the best video editing software for windows, the following are the ones chosen by personal experience and thus, stand out from the rest. Let’s get started, shall we?
1. Wondershare Filmora
Wondershare Filmora tops the category of the best video editing software for windows and mac, and for all the right reasons. It allows you to rotate, trim, split, merge, edit, create and personalize videos with more than 800+ effects and more than 50 formats, higher than anyone in the market offers. Accessible both on Windows and Mac, its full-featured tools and in-house effects are absolutely free to use, along with added templates. And there’s no denying that these features will leave no stone unturned to transform your videos into stunning visuals.
If you’re a beginner or a pro, you’ll be completely comfortable working with Filmora because of its ease of use and amazing features. However, even though it has a free download and free basic features, if you want to go pro, you would need to purchase a subscription, which starts from $39.99 yearly. It would be fair to say the basic version of the subscription would solve most of your video editing concerns, tried first hand, so you can be worried about it.
Wondershare Filmora Features:
- Supports a lot of different formats
- The color tuning tools are amongst the best in the market
- Audio keyframing tools allow perfect sound.
- Easily transferable to any portable device.
- Easy to use
- The interface is absolutely seamless, and the newly updated tools are a plus.
- The subscription can seem a little expensive.
- Requires multiple logins.
2. Microsoft Movie Maker
Windows 7 and 8 users are indeed in luck with this Microsoft Windows Moviemaker that is available to them, for free. This video editing software isn’t supported in Windows 10, so if you’re a Windows 10 user, we have some other options for you.
The video editing software, accessible to all Windows 7 and 8 users for free, offers the ability to create and edit videos. It also allowed publishing features in Facebook, Vimeo, YouTube, and Flickr. It is simple, efficient, and most importantly, offers some really nice features, especially for beginners.
Microsoft Movie Maker Features:
- Simple to use and allows the download of extra video plugins
- Contains 130+ amazing special effects
- Workflow elements provide a professional experience.
- Free for all Windows users and the best fit for beginners.
- Easy to navigate.
- Can crash multiple times while using
- Doesn’t support complex video editing
In the world of expensive video editing software, Avidemux comes as a sigh of relief as the free video editing software for Windows 7,8, and 10. This open-source software for non-linear video editing allows users to process necessary tasks and actions using very simple and interesting features.
It provides a large number of effects, templates, and frames, all for free. It constantly keeps updating the app so the added features always come in handy with new trends.
- Support many files including AVI, DVD compatible MPEG files, MP4, and ASF.
- Tasks can be automated using projects
- Powerful scripting capabilities.
- Has some great features that stand out from the market
- Easy to use and customer support is available 24×7
- Requires some prior knowledge about coding
- Doesn’t support batch transcoding
This is one of the best free video editing software for your Windows, macOS, and Linux. It is simple, powerful, and provides all the features one needs in a video editing app. It also has a very user-friendly interface so you can feel free to make amazing recordings, videos, movies, and all that you need.
With a very rich arrangement of highlights and templates, Openshot has all the basics a beginner needs and all the resources a professional would want. So suit yourself because this app is here for the long run.
- Supports multiple operating systems
- Free of cost
- Processes any FFmpeg format.
- Easy to use and can be downloaded from any website
- Can read and write most image and video formats
- Doesn’t have any plugins for 3D animation.
5. VSDC Video editor
This highly functional video app stuns users with its absolutely free editing suite. With an amazing audio and video library, this video editor is a go-to tool for any beginner video editor. Accessible on Windows and macOS, the free software supports many popular file types and formats.
Oh, and it also includes built-in disc-burning tools for DVD so you can be sure to be able to make the most out of this amazing software.
VSDC Video editor features:
- 4K and HD support
- Amazing video stabilization tools
- Has sub-pixel accuracy.
- It is absolutely free
- It is a non-linear video editing software and has an amazing effects library
- The interface can seem a little tough to understand
- New features can be introduced.
This free video editing software for Windows is your ultimate hack for the transition from a beginner to a professional. It allows you to create 3D videos, animations, and transition movies. It provides one of the best in market video stability, thoroughly reducing the operator’s camera shaking effects.
And one of the best features VideoPad offers ad the free video editing software for Windows is their ability to export in HD, 2K or 4K resolution, leaving unhampered the quality of your video, unlike most apps.
- Allows to save videos in PSP and iPhone
- Let’s lay out videos in layers.
- Easy to use and amazing quality
- Great tools to amplify sound quality
- Upload speeds are terribly slow and can be annoying at times
- Audio editing tends to get a little confusing.
This free video editor is compatible with Linux, Windows, and macOS and supports multitrack and unlimited media files in a timeline. This software comes in handy for all beginners that try to refrain from complex, powerful video effects like PIP and faceoff. It is highly compatible with input and output media files so you can be sure to work with anything.
With multiple free open source add-ons and creative video effects and templates, Kdenlive can be your go-to free video editing app for all your innovative needs.
- The program supports DV, AVCHD, and HDV editing.
- Supports multitrack and unlimited media files
- Multiple add-on resources
- Organises audios and videos with layers
- Not suitable for greenheads
- Updates come in very slowly.
This savior software knows amazingly well how to blend in all your 3D creation needs, ranging from modeling, rigging, animation, simulation, in one app. It also allows users to access rendering, composting, modeling, and motion tracking, along with editing and 2D animation features.
One of the most distinguishing features of Blender is the fact that you can find a network of individual artists, studio artists, professionals, animators, illustrators, VFX experts, and a lot more. So you choose your forte, grow your network and develop along with a large variety of people.
There’s no way you don’t want to get this one, is there?
- Allows users to create 2D and 3D animations
- Free and open source
- The advanced features are perfect for those who have knowledge of video editing.
- Tutorials to help the users are very limited.
9. HitFilm Express
Compatible on Windows and MacOS, this amazing video editor helps you create professional-level movies and videos through easy and all-in-one features and visual effects. It allows you to import clips from a stunning user interface, and lets you add audio and visual effects to it.
The free version also contains a number of features that you might need to create amazing videos and creative movies, but the subscription package starts at $10, which does fair justice to the features it adds.
HitFilm Express Features:
- Advanced Tracking
- Footage distortions
- Allows to import and animate complex 3D models
- Allows to change the backdrop of scenes
- Great masking and layering technique
- Customer support is not very actively available
- Higher subscription packages are somewhat expensive.
Being accessible to both Windows and Mac, this software prides itself in its 25 glorious years of being used in some amazing films and cinematic acts. It promises to give your videos a movie-like finish, which is pretty evident from its track record.
Its super simple user templates and easy interface makes it a go-to editor app. It also has wide file format support that includes variable frames rate media and custom definable sequence output formats that’ll your editing experience go from zero to a whopping hundred.
When aesthetic is the new cool, video editing apps like Lightworks can be your big-time savior.
- Supports the latest audio and visual formats
- Allows many popular output formats like MP4, MXF, QuickTime, etc.
- It has a lot of advanced features.
- 4k video support is available in paid version only.
We hope you enjoyed our article on the best free video editing software for Windows. Now that you know which programs are the best, you can get editing your next project! If you have any questions please feel free to contact us anytime at _. Thank you for reading, and we hope to see your name on our blog again soon!
Which is the best video editing software for windows
Amongst a crowded list of video editing software available in the market, the best video editing software for Windows include-
Microsoft Movie Maker